Conversion Optimization for Amazon Product Listing Pages
Getting more visitors to your Amazon product listing pages is wonderful – be it through organic search rankings or paid advertising. But traffic only matters to the extent that it converts into sales. Hence our obsession with conversion optimization within Amazon.
Did you know: A “good” conversion rate for an e-commerce website might be 3% to 5%. But on Amazon, conversion rates of 30% and even 50% are not uncommon. So your bar should be much higher on Amazon than on other marketplaces or digital sales channels when considering conversion rates.
Here are a few ways we’ll help to improve your conversion rates:
- Optimizing Product Listings
- Category/Subcategory Selection
- Copywriting for Features/Benefits and Product Description
- Creating Enhanced Brand Content (EBC)
- Question & Answer Management
- Review Management – proactively prevent potential negative reviews, resolve issues to improve negative reviews, seek out additional reviews
- A/B Testing of Copy, Photos, Bullets, Price, EBC, etc.
- Optimize Ads/Keywords within Amazon PPC Campaigns
But it’s not just about the Product Listing page…
A good product listing page is essential if you want to maximize conversions. But its not the only thing. The type of traffic that comes to your page matters too – who the visitor is, what they are looking for, etc. As Amazon is primarily a search-driven marketplace, we target visitors primarily by targeting different search keywords. For example, if you compare the keywords “cheap widgets” versus “best widgets”, we can safely assume that a high-end product (with matching price point) would convert visitors who search on “best widgets” more effectively than a cheap, low-end product – and visa versa. There is an almost-infinite number of keywords for any given product – including all sorts of modifiers that give us this type of insight. Simply put – identifying and ranking for the right keywords matters. If you rank for lesser-relevant keywords, not only will your product not convert as well but it will quickly fall in rankings for those keywords as well.